Tewksbury Falcon Restoration project, take one

Restoring your Falcon? Come in for tips, and share your knowledge.

Tewksbury Falcon Restoration project, take one

Postby quantumleap » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 am

Saturday we got the falcon home, off the trailer and onto wooden timbers. Secured it and noted, no drain hole or plug. removed lines, sheet, mast and boom.

Sunday, all cleats and blocks removed. Removed cabin side lumber, seats, Styrofoam and floor. Started to cut out the fiberglass holding the stringers in place. Also drilled a drain hole and looked for a plate or some type of identifying number on the transom. None were found yet.

Photos were taken of the original state as well as the work being done. I will host those on my flickr page and link it here so I dont take up a ton of server space.

The clock is now ticking, our time frame is 3 months to completion!!
quantumleap

Re: Tewksbury Falcon Restoration project, take one

Postby Brett » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:56 pm

I'd love to see this restoration, can you post the link to your flickr page or some photos here?

Thanks,

Brett
Brett

Postby quantumleap » Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 am

Hi, well we have been busy to date. The falcon has been stripped of wood, hardware, cleaned, sanded, top deck filled, sanded, primed and first coat of paint has been applied. Tonight, the second coat goes on. Left white on the nose will be 2" x 1/4 inch oak strips, left natural in color and a slight sand applied for traction mixed in the varnish. Here are some pics off my flickr site :) enjoy!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30938419@N ... 947198753/
quantumleap

Postby mainefalcon » Mon May 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Looks great!! Our Falcon is undergoing the same restoration process; will post pics soon.
John
mainefalcon

Postby Brett » Wed May 19, 2010 2:09 pm

That looks great! The colour new colour is sharp and it's going to be a really unique looking boat!
Brett

Postby quantumleap » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

We are getting closer!!!!! will finish painting inside the boat, replace the 2 blocks on the rear and the 2 on the boom. then add the floor with a few extras added in. but almost there!!!!
Attachments
DSC_0448.jpg
quantumleap

Postby DaveD » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:23 pm

She looks fabulous!

Great color scheme. I love painting boats bright colors like that because you stand out in a race, and you get lots of looks.

Can't want to see it float! Nice sails!
A bad day sailing is better than a good day at work...
DaveD
Site Admin

Return to Restorations