1966 Falcon Class Book

Here's a collection of materials on the Falcon hull design from McVay, Beetle Boats, and others.

1966 Falcon Class Book

Postby DaveD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am

Here is a published Falcon Class Book with registered Falcon owners from 1966.

Hope this helps some of you find the origins of your vessel!

It's an 8.8mb file, be patient, it's worth it!

Much thanks to Jon Stantz for submitting these:

http://www.falconsailboats.org/files/1966FalconClass.pdf
A bad day sailing is better than a good day at work...
DaveD
Site Admin

Re: 1966 Falcon Class Book

Postby joecomet » Fri May 24, 2013 5:05 pm

David and Jon
Thanks for the wounderful material on our boats. I now think my manafacturing number was on the aft cockpit combing, and since it has been replaced is now missing. Too bad!!
Thanks again
Joseph Haley
'Carrifran Falcon'
Tallahassee
joecomet

Postby littlebear » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Dave,

First, my apologies. I've had to reregister under a new user name, I'm formerly known as "ursaminor". I've not logged on in a while and despite my best efforts, I just could not get the site to allow me back in. Now to the good stuff...

This "yearbook" you've posted has for me been absolutely the coolest thing I've ever come across on line. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found your Falcon site and got to see some pictures and share some of my stories with other owners. You sir have made my day. You have given me not only #176's first name and the name of the owner but you've given me a picture of him holding the trophy they won. I'm speechless. I know Mr. Phil Rising is connected to my boat because I bought her from a gentlemen in Hingham MA (1983) and I have "Yardarm" sails made in Needham MA. In fact, when I saw "True Luff" ( I named her Raptor) a week or so ago under her cover, I gave her a pat and greetings from Phil. Just too cool...

I have several threads that I need to contribute on and will do so soon. I promise a complete and brutally honest report of the day I tested the reserve buoyancy of the Falcon 16 as I've seen a recent thread with some speculation on what will happen if you manage to swamp one. Well, I'm that guy so I'll get writing... Thanks again for putting this site together.
Falcon # 176 "True Luff" (1960's) "Raptor" (1983- present)
littlebear

Postby DaveD » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

You are most welcome. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Love to see connections come together.

Makes me feel good that the neglected "mystery" boat I found on the side of the road once had a loyal following, and spawned a revolution of design.

Someday, I would like to host a regatta of Falcons again in Michigan or Ohio.

FYI, I can resurrect your old account if you wish...
A bad day sailing is better than a good day at work...
DaveD
Site Admin

Return to History